Kiko has slowly become one of my favourite brands, I don’t know about you but I will always have a lot of time for brands that can create really high quality product but at an affordable price. I recently got to try out the new collection for summer aptly called “Wanderlust” if you dont know what wanderlust is its a very strong or irresistible impulse to travel. So being a summer collection i thought it was a perfect name!
I’m so glad that Kiko is more readily available in the UK, a standalone store recently opened on Buchanan Street in Glasgow and I expect it to be quite dangerous to my bank balance as i’ll always be in there.
Wanderlust encompases everything i like to think of as summer from gorgeous peachy baked blushes to light wearing lip oils and creamy eyeshadow kajals.
I got to try out a number of things from this collection such as:
- Desert Dunes Trio Baked Blush (£16.90*) – This is a gorgeous colour perfect for summer, its a coral-y peachy tone which looks fantastic on pale to medium skin tones and on deeper skin tones i would suggest either Gypsy Pink or Impulsive Mauve. Since this is a baked blush you’re going to get that really nice sheen from it and not to mention since its a trio you can use each shade individually or swirl your brush and use all 3.
- Heatwave Lip Oil No 3 (£10.90*) – I love the texture of this product yes it is an oil but it isnt slimy oily but rather a nourishing oily like you can feel it working its magic on your lips. The formula is enriched with jojoba oil, shea butter, wild mango butter and vitamin E. What i found really awesome was each lip oil has a different scent as well as colour 1 is Coconut, 2 is Vanilla and the one i have number 3 is Grapefruit. Even though these do look really bright and intense once they are applied they are actually really sheer.
- Endless Sky Volume Effect Mascara (£12.90*) – This is a volumising mascara that certain ingredients that instantly create a thick sheath that envelops, adds volume and helps to protect the lashes from base to tip. (It’s bascially a tubing mascara) The thick, creamy texture doesn’t clump, applies easily and is adjustable.
- Mirage Lip Stylo in Adventurous Wine (£13.90*) – I love this lipstick as its a deep wine colour and i think you shouldnt be limited to winter to wear a deep lip. I see this lipstick as a 3 in 1 as it gives you the accuracy and colour payoff of a lipstick, the shine of a gloss and the extreme comfort of a balm so it doesn’t feel like you’re wearing anything at all which you want during the summer because the last thing you want is to be touching up your makeup all day.
- In The Shade Eyeshadow And Kajal in Emerald & Petrol Green and Anthracite & Metallic Rose (£9.90*) – Both of these colours are gorgeous they have a slight sheen to them and believe it or not are pretty hard to rub off so perfect for hot summers days. In The Shade Eyeshadow And Kajal are a double-ended pencil thats long-lasting and has a soft and creamy texture. I really like how pigmented both colours are, one swipe of the pencil and you get full opacity which is what i look for in creams i hate the ones where you have to go over multiple times to build up any semblance of colour. Its creamy formula allows for a great deal of blending immediately after application. The colour is uniform, bright, long lasting and doesn’t smudge.
- Foundation Face Brush (£14.90*) – This is a synthetic flat foundation brush, its really soft and the tapered bristles help to blend out product as its applied. I tend not to use foundation brushes much these days but they are good for things like applying face masks/moisturisers etc.
I have to say im impressed with the packaging that was the one thing that made me stop and think wow packaging that looks very high end but comes from something that is technically classed as drug store in terms of its pricing.
Kiko can be found online at kikocosmetics.com or in free standing stores in the UK.
What are your favourite KIKO products?
Have you used KIKO before?
Leave a Comment!
If you love my blog don’t forget to follow on Bloglovin: Beauty and The Boy
Thanks for Reading.